Saturday, February 21, 2009

To Quilt or Knit?

That is a question! I have been a knitter since I was eight years old. That story another time. I became a quilter about one year ago at the coaxing of my friend and colleague, Sara. I learned to stitch when I was very young. I still have my first sewing machine. My mother was a Home Economics teacher and she loved to sew. She made most of my clothes when I was growing up. My grandmother had the patience however to teach me to make quilt blocks and of course, I started with a nine block. I don't think I ever put a block together with another block but I remember making beautiful combinations on my little machine.
I have decided to start another blog because I really love reflecting in this way. I hope to interact with other quilters in this fashion. Perhaps, I can learn something from you. It all seams sew simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment