Monday, April 6, 2009

I Sew Love the Snow






Really do believe it is April and the song talks about showers but I thought it was suppose to be rain, not snow. Oh well, that just means more time inside and so I sew. I have some pictures to post of projects that I have been working on.
Allison has some friends who are having babies so we decided to make some "boutique burp-ups". That is what I am calling them. Rectangles about 18 inches by 11 inches made of beautiful fabric on one side and some organic cotton fleece on the other. I order the fleece from Very Baby http://verybaby.com/ and I can get 10 burp-ups from a yard of it. I washed it before I quilted because it warned of shrinkage. I am using some Amy Butler prints that are quite charming. I will mail six of them to Allison in the Easter package. I also made the boys their Easter placemats from some cute bunny fabric.
I made a bag today out of some fat quarters I picked up at Heavenly Patchwork while in Minnesota http://www.heavenlypatchworkquiltshop.com/. The pattern was in one of my recent magazines. I just made it smaller. I love the big buttons that are in bright colors.
I am designing another quilt. It will be predominately blue but will have a rainbow color arrangement from corner to opposite corner. I have the pattern arranged, now just need to gather the fabrics and begin to make the simple half triangle blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment