Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This Land is My Land



I have been thinking about what a wonderful place this "blog" land is and I really look forward to the chance to read the blogs of people who are becoming my cyber friends. I watch for your posts, I marvel at your talents, and I begin to feel like I know you in some bit of a way. So here is my idea! I propose we make a quilted block of our choice and put a border around it so that the total size of the block is six inches. In other words, if your inside block is 4 inches then your border would be 2 1/2 inches so the total block would be 6 inches. If your inside block is 5 inches, then your border would be 1 and 1/2 inches to make an 6 inch square. On the border we will write our name and our location. I promise to mail a block to anyone who mails a block to me. I would just like to see how many friends I can collect in 30 days and from how many different places. The way you can get on board is to make a comment on my blog and send me an e-mail at docslyst@gmail.com. If you would like to send and recieve blocks from others just put your e-mail in your comment so that others can e-mail you with their intention. I will not mail one to you until you mail one to me with a return address. I will post a picture of my blocks tomorrow. I will e-mail my address to you after your comment. I hope to collect enough blocks to make a lap quilt to cover my lap when I am reading your blogs. Hope you join the fun and we will be done by February 18!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sylvia.
    What a great idea, would love to recieve a block from you.Be nice to get blocks from other folk to so this is my e-mail address

    mariawilson4@westnet.com.au

    I also have a blog if you would like to visit or follow

    http://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete