Sunday, May 23, 2010

Blocks to Share


A group of us who are friends of education are making a quilt to raise money for the Community Foundation that supports scholarships for students from both public and private high schools in Mitchell. We selected the fabric called "Wildflowers" by Heather Mulder Peterson and I just love the colors. My block is a Jacob's Ladder and I believe my squares are all the right size this time and I even got one or two to be very close to "great". I am allergic to the work "perfect". I have all 13 done. The 12 of us will each take one and then put together the quilt for the foundation together. I think it will be quite special. I can tell because when I lay all 13 blocks out together, I like what I see.

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful block! I bought this fat quarter bundle and can't wait for the perfect project for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours in your block.

    Also your Kaffee quilt looks great and the little bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is *so* fun! Is school back in session for you already? Just checking in! How is Marion doing in her fabric collecting? Does she need more, or anything specific? Let me know! Hugs, Denise :)

    ReplyDelete