Friday, March 13, 2009

Cathy's Quilt






Almost a year ago I offered to make my "sister" a quilt. She lives in Michigan and really has a sense for color and decorating. She wanted a quilt for her upstairs bedroom. Well she wanted a tone on tone and the tone was cream. It has been a real pistol to make as what I thought was a simple pattern had many cuts and seams and the more of those I have, the greater chance for small errors. The pattern was in a magazine and was called "Lemon Bars". The magazine is Better Homes and Garden Quilts and More, Spring 2008. I think she will love it as everyone who sees it done believes it is quite elegant. She knew it would be, I couldn't see the forest for the trees. I used a simple heart on heart design to quilt it. Here are the pictures. The backing is a warm brown she selected. Putting the label on a bedsize quilt is a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment