Thursday, March 5, 2009

When One Rides, One Sees More Billboards

On Saturday, my brother and sister-in-law were visiting us from Minnesota. John had seen some books at Al's Oasis in Oacoma so we were off on a short road trip. I drive I-90 everyday to my office in Platte, but the stretch from exit 292 to Chamberlain was "not so often viewed" territory so I took advantage of being a rider and not driving. I noticed a billboard advertising the Quilt Shop on Chamberlain's main street. So after we visited Al's and of course, had some pie, we drove across the Missouri and up Main Street.
I didn't have my camera with me but we drove up in front of a nice house with a big front porch. Upon entering, we found ourselves in a neatly organized, but really full of fabrics, with rooms of fabric to view. They even had a room with items finished items for sale. The two owners were very nice to talk to and we found out you can bring a group for a retreat. They have a finished basement with ironing boards and cutting places. You just bring your machines, UFOs, and some refreshments for the weekend.
I plan to tell my friends about this place. I also got to see the new accucut machine and die for cutting fast and accurately. A great item for a group to purchase and share. I really recommend stopping at this shop if you are near Chamberlain. I plan to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment