Sunday, April 11, 2010

Added color

Yesterday after the Saturday Sampler at the Pin Cushion, we celebrated Pam's birthday at the wonderful coffee shop down the block. Quilting friends are the very best. Of course some of us couldn't resist going back to the Pin Cusion to add to our fabric collection. I selected a dark brown to add as a border on the Kaffe Fassett quilt in the last post. I plan to quilt it with varigated thread and lay it upon a white coverlet on our bed. I think it will be quite stunning.
I also finished a wallhanging for the Minnesota boys with fish on it. I will take a picture when I return home with the binding hand stitched while I am away.
I also have almost finished a shrug made of alpaca yarn. I am planning to make some as Christmas gifts. They are absolutely gorgeous!
Meanwhile, I am having fun reading blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment